Applicability of the Policy
This Policy is applicable to www.arelux.ro site as well as to other online platforms operated by or on behalf of ARELUX SRL
By using this site you agree to how we utilize cookies according to this regulatory Policy.
Should you not agree to our cookie utilization method we advise you to adjust your browser settings accordingly.
Deactivating cookies might affect your user experience on this site.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text strings, composed of letters and numbers, which are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other equipment when accessing the internet.
Cookies are installed through express solicitation issued by a web-server, browser (eg. Internet Explorer, Chrome etc).
Cookies are entirely "passive" (they do not contain software programs, viruses or spyware and are not able to access information stored on the user's hardware).
A cookie is made of two parts: name and content or value. The lifetime and function of a cookie are limited; technically, only the webserver which sent the cookie can re-access it at the time when a user revisits the website associated to the respective webserver.
A cookie itself does not require information of personal nature, moreover, in most cases does not individually identify the internet users.
Here are two main categories of cookies:
- session cookies: temporarily stored in the cookies file of the web browser until the user leaves the website or closes the browser page;
- persistent cookies: stored on the hard-drive of a computer or other equipment as to be activated when the site which created that specific cookie is reaccessed. Persistent cookies include cookies launched by a different site than the website visited by the user at a certain moment. These are “third party cookies” and memorize the specific interests of a user as to determine which future advertisements is adequate to that user preferences.
Lifespan of a cookie?
Lifespan of a cookie may significantly vary based on the purpose for which it has been placed. Some cookies are meant for single use (session cookies) and are not stored after session end. Other cookies are stored and used every time when the user revisits the site (persistent cookies). However, all cookies can be erased by the user at any given time by adjusting the browser settings.
What are third party cookies
Why are cookies important for the Internet?
Cookies represent the focal point of an efficient running of the Internet by helping generate a friendly navigation experience, customized to the preferences and specific interests of each user. Refusal or deactivation of cookies makes some websites impossible to use. Refusal or deactivation of cookies does not mean you will stop receiving online advertisement, only that such advertisement will not take into consideration your preferences determined by your navigation pattern or behaviur. Examples of important uses of cookies which do not require the authentication of the user through an existing account):
- content or services adapted to user's preferences – product and service types;
- offers tailored to users preferences – password storage;
- memorization of child protection filters regarding Internet content (family mode option, safe search function);
- limiting advertisement schedule frequency – setting a maximum number of appearances of an advertisement for a certain user on a certain website;
- selecting the relevant publicity for users;
- measurement, optimization and Google Analytics such as – analysis of the traffic on a website, of the content of an website, analysis of how an user reaches a certain website (search engines, directly, through other sites etc). The websites run such surveys as to improve user experience.
What cookies do we use?
By visiting this site the following cookies may be placed:
- site performance cookies: these memorize the user preferences while navigating the site;
- cookies for analyzing repeat or first visit: the browser will determine if you are a fresh visitor and, if such, will send you a cookie;
- geotargetting cookies: these are completely anonymous and serve only for content targeting;
- registration cookies: thes let us know if you are already registered or not, indicate the account you authenticated with and if you have been granted permission for certain service;
- advertisement cookies: these cookies let us know if you have already seen a certain online advertisement, what type of advertisement and how much it passed since you saw it.
Do cookies store personal data?
A cookie itself does not require information of personal nature, moreover, in most cases does not individually identify the internet users. Personal data may only be stored by utilization of cookies for the sole purpose of facilitating certain functionalities for the user.
How can you adjust cookies settings in your browser?
The interfaces used for webpages access facilitate implicit storage of the cookies on the terminal. These settings can be changed so that default cookie storage management is blocked by the browser or the user is notified each time cookies are sent towards his terminal. Detailed information on how cookies are managed are available in the browser settings menu. Limiting cookies use may however affect certain functionalities of the webpage.
Most of the browsers allow adjustment of cookies settings. These settings are usually found in 'options" or "preferences" menu of your browser.
For better acknowledgment of these setting the following links may be useful, otherwise you can use "help" button of the browser.
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
For third party cookies setting you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ro/
For more information on cookies we recommend the following links:
- Microsoft Cookies guide
- All About Cookies
Should you need any further clarification regarding the above mentioned information please contact us using the contact form available on the site or directly at [email protected]